These baked egg cups are the perfect meal prep for breakfasts if you’re into that kind of thing. We honestly, ate most of our “meal prep” for these on the day we made them. Apparently we aren’t all that great at actually rationing the meal prep to last the week. Either way, if you can resist eating all of your baked egg muffins in one day, then you can have them for the whole week. And these are SO good (hence why we ate them all in one day)!
Can you meal prep eggs?
Eggs are a complete protein. Basically they are the ultimate breakfast food and a great addition to other meals too. So why wouldn’t you want to make them into portable, easy little muffin cups?
You can definitely meal prep eggs! Making them into delicious baked egg cups is such a quick, easy, and customizable meal prep idea. They are easily portable (eat in the car- yes thanks!), they are quick to grab and heat up, and they are actually healthy for you and perfect for a good breakfast.
How to make Sausage Egg Muffins
Making these little egg muffin cups is so easy. In a mixing bowl, beat your eggs and Greek yogurt together until smooth and creamy. Then add your green bell pepper, onions, spinach, and diced sausage and mix together well. In a muffin or cupcake tin, spray the insides of each cup really well with non stick cooking spray.
How do you make egg cups not stick?
If you have an older tin or you just really don’t want to deal with sticking egg muffins, then use cupcake paper liners. Place them inside the cupcake tin like you would for cupcakes and then spray those with non stick spray instead. This will make sure your baked egg cups don’t stick.
Bake these at 375 for 20 minutes. Let them cool and set when they are done before pulling them out of the tin. Once you get them out, you can keep them in the fridge for up to one week and you can just reheat in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Easy peasy! And so delicious.
Tag us on instagram @cradlekitchen and give us a rating and review right here in the comments! And don’t forget to pin and save it for next time 😉
If you love this recipe, be sure to check out these drool worthy recipes too:
- Strawberry Almond Flour Pancakes
- Mango + Aloe Green Smoothie
- Banana Oat Pancakes
- Carrot Cake Overnight Oats
- 9 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (diced)
- 6 Breakfast Sausage Links (diced)
- 1 Yellow Onion (diced)
- 1 cup Spinach (chopped)
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together your eggs and Greek Yogurt until smooth and creamy.
- Add in diced green bell pepper, diced yellow onion, diced sausage, and chopped spinach. (make sure your sausage is cooked beforehand- either precooked sausage or simply cook it like normal before dicing and adding to mixture)
- Mix together well.
- In a muffin/cupcake tin, spray non-stick cooking spray into each tin cup well. *see notes*
- Pour your egg mixture equally into each tin cup. It helps to use a spoon to make sure that the veggies and sausage are making it into each cup and not just the eggs.
- Bake for 20 minutes and let cool for a few minutes before removing.
- Add some salt and pepper to taste and enjoy! *see notes for storing and reheating*
*if you want to double up and make sure your egg cups don't stick, use a cupcake paper liner and spray the inside of it before pouring eggs in*
*egg cups will keep for a week in the fridge and reheat for 30 seconds in the microwave*
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 128Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 180mgSodium: 252mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 10g