I don’t know about you but if I could, without my heart probably eventually giving out on me, I’d eat pasta every day. I know my kids definitely would because they ask me for pasta every day. Honestly who doesn’t like pasta? It’s one of the best feel good, fill my belly up, “yes I’ll take extra parmesan” meals ever especially when it’s as simple as these easy rolling pin noodles.
Egg Noodles From Scratch
So I figured out this recipe because my 3 year old absolutely always wants to help cook. Meaning I have to find ways to let her actually cook during the process. This whole process is perfect for just that. It is easy, fun, and relatively quick.
Combine the flour and salt and pour onto a clean counter, creating a well in the center for the eggs and oil. You can also use a bowl but the counter is more fun! It works a little easier to beat the eggs and oil together first and then add to the well, but you can also add the eggs and oil and just start mixing by hand into the flour like pictured below.
After forming the dough let it rest to allow some gluten to form and make the dough easier to work with. Rolling it out will be a pain if you skip this resting period.
No Machine Needed Noodles
Roll the dough out onto a floured surface and go as thin as you can with it. This is different every time for me but it tastes amazing either way. Then begin to cut the strips of pasta. They will probably not be perfect strips. We prefer using the pizza cutter method and we definitely get all different sizes of noodles going on.
Boiling the same way you boil regular store bought pasta- cooked to al dente or your preference and topped with your favorite toppings- these easy rolling pin noodles are so easy, can be made in advance and frozen, and are absolutely worth it.
If you love this recipe, be sure to check out these drool worthy recipes too:
Tag us on instagram @cradlekitchen and give us a rating and review right here in the comments! And don’t forget to pin and save it for next time 😉
- 1 cup All Purpose Unbleached Flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- Mix flour and salt together.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and add the beaten eggs plus olive oil.
- Combine until dough forms. If it seems too dry and is not coming together well, add 1 TBSP of water at a time until dough comes together well.
- Wrap the dough in saran rap and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Once rested and more pliable, roll out onto a floured surface as thin as you can. At least 1/4 inch.
- Using a pizza cutter or a long sharp knife, start to make the long thin strips of pasta.
- If freezing, coat the noodles in a thin coat of flour to prevent sticking. If cooking right away, place into a boiling pot of water with a drizzle of olive oil and cook until al dente (or about 8 minutes).
- Serve with your favorite sauce or toppings and enjoy the taste of homemade fresh pasta!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 4 people
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 179Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 93mgSodium: 618mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 6g
Nutritional information is not always 100% accurate.