I cannot tell you how excited I am to tell you about these cardamom chickpea blondies. Seriously, this may be my new favorite dessert recipe. They are totally gluten free and so easy to make, not to mention addictive- holy wow! I mean, decadent and delicious cardamom flavors, brown sugar blondies, and a drizzle of white chocolate to top it off. Bake them now please!
Gluten Free Chickpea Desserts
A chickpea, also known as a garbanzo bean, is so great for making so many things especially in the gluten free world. We love it’s most famous food result, hummus! So good, right? Well this dessert proved to me that chickpeas were actually incredibly versatile. These blondies made us completely forget about using regular flour to make dessert.
This recipe uses canned chickpeas. Chickpeas are unlike canned vegetables in that, they don’t lose their nutritional value by being canned. They are perfect for making this recipe nice and easy while adding all that good protein.
Making Cardamom Chickpea Blondies
Start with one can of chickpeas, drained. In a blender, or a bullet (what I used), blend your can of chickpeas with your olive oil. This will get a really nice smooth texture to work with. I tried to do this the first time by just using an electric hand mixer and the blondies came out with delicious flavor still but terrible texture. The chickpeas were still in chunks so it is definitely better to blend it up with the oil, trust me.
Once you have that creamy smooth blend of chickpeas, you can mix in all your other ingredients making that delicious blondie batter. Super easy and simple. When you’re ready, bake at 350 for 20 minutes or so until the edges are golden. Let these beauties cool for a while before trying to cut into or drizzling your white chocolate.
After they’ve cooled down, douse them in as much melted white chocolate as you want and eat them up! The cardamom flavor with that white chocolate is heaven in your mouth. Enjoy 🙂
Tag us on instagram @cradlekitchen and give us a rating and review right here in the comments! And don’t forget to pin and save it for next time 😉
If you love this recipe and want more easy gluten free brownies, try out our 3 ingredient fudge brownies! They will make you drool.
- 1 can Chickpeas , drained
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cardamom
- 1 cup White Chocolate Morsels, for drizzling
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- In a blender or bullet blender, blend the drained chickpeas and the olive oil together until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the chickpea and oil mixture to a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients (except the white chocolate morsels), mixing thoroughly.
- Bake in a greased brownie pan at 350 for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean and edges are golden brown.
- Let your chickpea blondies cool for at least 30 minutes before drizzling with your white chocolate.
- When you are ready to drizzle white chocolate, melt the white chocolate morsels in the microwave until completely melted. Then drizzle over the top. Enjoy!